Monday, May 19, 2008

new job

So I am in my second week of my new job. I chose to go ahead and apply at the local brewpub and was hired.... thanks to Megan, who put in a good word for me. :)

I'm doing okay. I have a few chains to grease yet, but I've jumped back on the bike and I haven't fallen off yet. :) Its been so long since I've waitressed. Thanks to coworkers and bosses who are so patient, understanding, helpful and so full of encourangement, I am doing quite fine.

Here's a link to their website. Its definitely no FreeState, but you take what you can get out here. :)

2 comments:

Rae said...

Oh, how brave you are to go back to work doing something you haven't done in years! I wish I could come have a beer and a sandwich in your restaurant... but, due to your following post... it won't be anytime soon. Sigh.

kristin said...

i'd love you to be my waitress.


one thing a friend told me once is that he loved waiting because every table he went to was an opportunity to create community.


i love that.