Friday, September 12, 2008

ike

I typically don't follow the storms on the gulf too closely. Ike hasn't really been an exception to that until recently.

Now it is likely going to hit Galveston/Houston area in a big way. That typically, again, wouldn't grab my attention too terribly strong in most cases except that in this particular case, we have friends there. Well, not right now. They've evacuated.

They are on my mind quite strong today.

I will be watching this particular storm and praying and hoping that these friends of ours don't lose everything. That they stay safe and find peace being with each other through this scary ride that hurricane Ike is creating for them.

They are tornado alley kids. Hurricanes are new to them. I can't imagine moving there and within 3 months going through this mess.

You can read a little bit about their situation here.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Wow, Scary.

They have all my good JuJu too...

Watching this hurricane season actually makes me thankful I live in tornado alley. Weird.