Sunday, February 7, 2010

wrapping up



Its hard to believe that 2 1/2 years ago, Ladd and I picked up our lives and moved out here to Colorado to begin a new chapter. That chapter is coming to an end this May, when I graduate. I will proudly walk across a stage and likely with a sense of surrealism, accept two degrees - one in Veterinary Technology and one in Associates of Arts.



This closure of this phase of my life becomes more and more palpable as each week winds down. This week I wrap up my last shift of animal care in which we feed and water all the farm and exotic animals living on our farm. Its always been a drag to wake up so early - especially in the cold months - to drive up to the farm to do the chores. Yet when its time to do the chores I speak of, its really quite blissful; rewarding, actually.

We love our animals here at the farm and it shows.




This is how I feel about school. Its hard to get up in the mornings, hard to choose to study or do homework instead of going out for a pint or watching TV or napping, but overall, my experience at this school is quite blissful as well.....rewarding, actually.



Only 4 more weeks and I will be off to fulfill my externship requirements at the fabulous Sedgwick County Zoo. I will miss my husband and furry babies but it will be so worth it - I just know it.



Until then, I am trying to find all the strength left in me to give it my all these last few weeks, and to take time to look around me and absorb the rest this experience and my friends can teach me.


No comments: