Sunday, June 1, 2008

flowers

I love flowers!! I miss my garden in Lawrence SO MUCH!!!! I wish I could see how it looks this year. The 3rd-5th year after planting is usually when its best - or so I've been told - b/c its finally starting to grow big and thick, but not overgrown yet. This would have been my garden's 3rd year. Dang. Julie... want to drive by and take a picture of it for me? ;)
So, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? I am making do with what we have room for and am doing pots this year. Our area is quite shady - which we will be oh so grateful for this July and August - so my selection of my favorite flowers is much fewer. Regardless, I am happy with my little pots. I took my houseplants outside too, so our porch/patio area is full of flowers and plants, just like old times!!!







2 comments:

Rae said...

And I remember once... so long ago... when I tried to give YOU advice on gardening. Now what a gree thumb you have.

PhunkyBS said...

Yes, I remember.
Working at the greenhouse for 5 years was good for me. I learned SO much about plants and gardening!!!