Sunday, June 1, 2008

goin' to the city

After school got out and before I started the new job, we went on a mini vacation to Denver to go shopping, eating, browsing, drinking, etc..., basically we went to the city to enjoy, well, the CITY!!!!!
We checked out the Denver Zoo. It was great. I highly recommend it.
We checked out "chain" restraunts and "chain" shopping centers to get a taste of ordinary once again! We celebrated Cinco de Mayo at On the Border. The food and service was mediocre, but I was mostly there for the Dos XX on tap! Yum!! One of my favorite indulgences in the summer! We got some free stuff while we were there, too. I took Ladd to Joe's Crab Shack, since he's never been. That was fun and it was way too much food. Good stuff.
We had a good time. Now we're back in mountain land. Life is good.
Here are some of my favorite pics from the weekend. They include pics from the zoo, dining, city of boulder, view of the "front range", etc. Of course, most of my favorite pictures from the zoo are of the big kitties!! I love my cats! Can't wait to touch one someday!! (when its under anesthesia, of course!!)
Enjoy!























2 comments:

Rae said...

Glad you enjoyed the big city! And the Zoo does look fun. (Although the only animal I saw in those pictures that we don't have in my town, was the Polar bear -- Tigers are coming in a year or so. Just remember that!!!)

PhunkyBS said...

Yes!!! I remember you telling me about this! I can't wait to see it. I'm sure Wichita Zoo will do it very well!!! :O)