Wednesday, April 16, 2008

nalgene bottles and.... your baby's doom????

What? Seriously?

I had heard a long time ago that toxins can been released from these nalgene bottles if you wash them in too hot of water, which is why you shouldn't put it in the washing machine (which I do anyway, bad Bri!) or microwave them. But this new study is interesting to hear, too.
I was listening to NPR today and they were interviewing somebody about this study, possibly somebody related to the study but I don't know for sure, and he basically said - in not so many words - DON'T FREAK OUT. Its not that big of deal for us adults.
Anyway, that SIGG bottle is looking more and more appealing. :)


I love you, sunflower bike shop water bottle that kills bunnies and babies.
I. LOVE. YOU.

1 comment:

Rae said...

The plastic concern is sort of Brad's most recent thing. Not just these kinds of plastics, but all plastics apparently put off some of the toxins -- the most when in hot water, dishwashers and microwaves. I guess the worst offenders are the ones labled 3, 6, 7 (in the little recycle triangle on the bottom of the plastic.) (And yes, the experts are going back and forth on whether its good or bad for you... more long-term studies needed, blah, blah)
But then again, I'm told foods stored in tin/metal cans aren't good either -- the aluminum can seep into the food.
I guess food/drink in glass is best. Oh, but fewer and fewer places recycle glass because its not profitable. (only 2 places do in our town.)
Soooo..... its all a struggle -- eat food without toxins, and hope you can find a place to recycle that glass... or eat the toxic foods and readily recycle.
Hmmmm.....when did life get so complicated?