Wednesday, April 16, 2008

why I love it here

There are many things about this valley that make me remember I am so lucky to be here.
That I am such a small speck in this world.
I am grateful for all of that.

I am greatful that....

I am almost always guaranteed wildlife viewing (ones with fur, specifically) will happen within feet of me every time I drive up the mountain to school(yes, school is on top of a mountain).
Lately, almost everytime I drive out of town, I see herds of deer and elk nearby.
I always get to see beautiful Mt. Sopris everyday (unless its snowing heavily on its 14,000 foot peak).
We have a raging creek outside our door that is bursting with water due to snow melting on the mountains. The sound is so calming, and Bailey can swim in it and sniff for treasures.

Mt. Sopris


Elk herd


Mule deer


Mule deer

1 comment:

Rae said...

Yea! Pictures!
Seeing the mountains, the snow, the elk made me breathe in deeply, almost believing that I would smell the freshness of the mountains. (Instead I smelled the remnants of supper. A decent grilled supper, but still supper, not the mountains.)
What a beautiful habitat you live in!!