Tuesday, February 24, 2009

meet our new baby

Here she is.



Its been 2 1/2 weeks now and she has grown exponentially.
Its been fun to watch and help her through this transition of getting to know people and other animals, privacy, and all sorts of new things.
I've caught her staring at herself, among other things, in the mirror a few times.
Too funny!
I wonder if she's ever seen a mirror?!

She came from the hoarding situation last october.
Only a few kitties were still available from that situtation at C.A.R.E. and we decided to take on the challenge.
Plenty of other awesome kitties were up for adoption, but we new they'd find homes easy.
This baby is a bit skiddish and untrusting, which many people wouldn't have the patience to work with.



Here's her stats:
Female/spayed
10 months old
rescued from the hoarding house at about 6 months of age
tabby with slight calico expressive genes
amber/green eyes
can't meow - its more of a squeek!
silver/black/with a peach stripe on her nose and small peach patch on her chest
awesome
lovable
new friend to Bailey and Luna

Her name is Ariel.
I have sort of agreed on this, though it just isn't feeling right.
I'm feeling more like calling her Myrtle, Mable, or some other old-fashioned old lady name.
Any suggestions?

5 comments:

kristin said...

oh, sweet heart.

our ollie squeaks too.

our votes:

grace, ruthie, lucille, dorothy.

do you know the name of her hoarder?

kristin said...

naomi is here.

she thinks eliza would choose lauren.

other ideas:

mary
caroline (carrie)
ruthie
gracie
mabel

PhunkyBS said...

OH! Mabel (or Mable) speaks to me. I've been saying that to myself for some time now. I also like Myrtle.

I can't do Lauren - got a niece Lauryn
I can't do Dorothy - that's my birthmom's names.
Don't know the hoarders name. That was kept from the public.

Love the suggestions.
I'll run these by ladd.
He's going to be aggitated that I'm still thinking about this. ;)

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES!!!
So glad you came to my blog-land to take a peek!!!

Rae said...

Okay. Where did my comment go? I just posted it. Weird. It just disappeared. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I was going to vote for Mabel as soon as you mentioned it on the blog. Glad to see you're considering it!! Love it, love it, love it.

One day we're going to get to your place to meet this new member of the family. Seriously. One day...

MISS YOU!

PhunkyBS said...

UPDATE: Ladd is also agreeing that "Ariel" just isn't feeling right for her name. The search continues.......